Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tickets please!

I don't know why I worry so much. Ethan always does great at school. His teachers tell me what a fantastic job he is doing, and whenever I observe him there he's always following directions and happy. I think I underestimate Ethan, and I'm going to work on that. Ah, the emotional roller coaster that is parenting. Sigh.

Travis left for Tampa this morning. Madelyn was sad to see him go, but she enjoyed playing with his suitcase before he left. She would stand behind it, say, "Tickets please!" and Travis and I would hand her "tickets". "Thank you!" she would say, and then she would stick the tickets down her shirt. :) Madelyn had a difficult morning. She cried when Elijah got out of the car to go to Kindergarten, she cried when we left Ethan at preschool, and she cried on the front porch as Daddy drove away, headed to the airport. Poor little girl. Most mornings she isn't sad to see everyone go, but today maybe she knew Daddy would be gone for a couple of days and that made things more difficult.

I just have a small stack of dresses left to sew for What a Pretty Girl, and they're all cut out and ironed. I should be done this week. I've sewn Madelyn three Christmas dress and ruffle pants sets, so she just needs one more. I like to make her a new dress for every Sunday all year, especially in December. The boys will have ties to match. It should be a very cute Christmas season around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment