Monday, October 17, 2011

Homemade Alfredo Sauce

I've had a lot of interest in my recipes on Facebook, so I thought I would start posting some of the extra yummy ones on the blog for others to try. Tonight for dinner, I made pork chops, pasta, and steamed broccoli with my homemade alfredo sauce, plus yesterday's leftover cornbread. The thing that makes my alfredo special is cream cheese, so you know it must be good! Plus it is super easy! I would encourage all of you who buy sauce in jars at the grocery store to give this a shot. You won't be sorry! It's so much better than the store-bought kind, plus less costly to prepare.


Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce


1/2 cup butter
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
pepper, to taste

In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Once butter is almost melted, add the package of cream cheese. It's easiest to cut it into cubes so that it melts quicker.
Once butter and cream cheese are mixed well together, add the cup of half and half, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and shake pepper on top. Stir together.
Once it's mixed well and sauce-like, take it off the burner and set aside so it can thicken up. Stir every few moments.
And...that's it! Pour over pasta, veggies, homemade breadsticks, or anything you like, and enjoy!


I plan to do many more recipe blogs. Since I make almost everything from scratch, or try to, hopefully you can get some useful ideas for meals in your home!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to try this. I love home made...that means no chemicals for my family! Thanks for posting this and I found you through The Homeschool Lounge.

    ReplyDelete