Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/19/2011

I had a nice birthday. I got everything I wanted and more, my parents came to see us, and I got to go out with friends. I'll add some pictures to the end of this post.

Ethan is just doing so well. Almost everything he says is a sentence (or at least a combination of 3-4 words), he loves school, and he has begun to write his name. One of his teachers, Ms. Colleen, just adores him. Well, both of them do, but Ms. Colleen is his special buddy. To think, at first I didn't like Ms. Colleen very much. I don't know why. It was back when Ethan was starting school and I was uncomfortable with the transition and nervous about how it was all going to go. Anyway, Ms. Colleen is awesome, and she loves Ethan so much. She told me how much she enjoys working with him yesterday. Ethan talks about her at home and runs to her first thing when he goes into school every day.When he wrote his name for her today for the first time, she saved the paper to hang on the wall, made me a copy, and cried as she told me about it when I came to pick him up. She is the best. I am so glad he has another year in school with her and Ms. Linda, doing the STAR program.

Madelyn is busy lately. All day every day she begs to go to "class", which means Sunday School. She is happy to go to the park or the store, but once we get home she wants to go right back out and do something. She spends a lot of time begging -- "Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase? Pretty, pretty, pretty pleeeeeeaaaaaasssseeee??? Can we go to the park (circus, store, Papa's house, wherever)?" It wears me out. She does enjoy playing with Playdoh, her babies, the Strawberry Shortcake house and the dollhouse, and coloring. I have lots of activities planned for summer, so hopefully I can keep her busy enough to not be constantly hearing the begging and pleading. She is still my sweet baby, and I love sleeping next to her every night (yes, we're still happily co-sleeping!).

Elijah has been playing t-ball this spring. He is on Team Chili's (Travis sponsored the team). It's adorable to watch. He really is a good hitter, and he's getting better at catching the ball in the field. Last week after he got a hit and came around to score, he ran out to the stands to give me a hug and tell me he loves me. How sweet is that? He is the sweetest, most wonderful child. He also enjoys school and going to church on Sundays and Wednesdays. On Wednesday nights he sings in the Kindergarten choir and plays handbells. He is very interested in reading the Bible and watching Veggie Tales for the Bible stories. He is an excellent reader. He is reading Beverly Cleary's Socks right now. He reads a chapter on his own, then I ask him questions about it to check for comprehension. He is really getting it. I am so proud of him.

I'm busy too. I'm still sewing, but I've nearly come to the end of my orders. I am looking forward to the break. I want to get the house organized this summer, work on cutting down our energy consumption, spend tons of time with the kids, and do a lot of gardening and cooking. Travis will have a week of vacation in June and another in July. It will be a great summer!

The promised pictures:






1 comment:

  1. Wow a lot going on! Can totally understand the begging. Since we moved to the new place it's all I hear (we have a playground in our backyard basically). I'm not against going out as much as we can since it cuts down inside messes but I've gotta clean sometime. *sigh*

    So that co-sleeping has to be hard. Not judging, we all do things our own way, but does she sleep well? Ivy has been coming down to sleep with us around 5 am since the move. It's a blessing when I wake up and don't have a foot up my nose or a mouth full of hair. Sometimes we do what we gotta to get sleep though.

    Enjoy the down time this summer! I'm doing the same. :)

    ReplyDelete