Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring is here.

Well, the blog got neglected in favor of sewing about 600 dresses over the last four months. I've decided to cut back a bit for spring and summer so I can enjoy a lot of family time during the nice weather. I didn't mind being inside sewing all winter, but now that it's in the 70's every day the kids and I want to soak it up all we can!

The weather has been glorious here in Arkansas for the past month or so. Everything is so green and lush, and my vegetables, fruit, and herbs are growing! I've got a good sized container garden going this year, and I may convince Travis to build me a few raised beds because I am afraid I will run out of room in the containers. I also want to get a couple of dwarf apple trees and start them in large buckets. I still need to get a trellis for my cucumbers as well.

This week has been wonderfully stormy. I had to drive up to Missouri to drop Elijah off with his Nannah (my mother-in-law) this morning, and while we were waiting for her to arrive at the Conoco (haha...does it sound like we live in the sticks yet?) we saw the most beautiful storm roll in. I caught a picture on my Hipstamatic. Just thought I would share.


What a beautiful part of the country we are blessed to live in. When I first moved here from a much bigger city, I missed the stores, the places to go, the diverse restaurants, and the quick pace of city life. Now that we've settled in I realize how nice it is to live in a place without those things. (Well, except the diverse restaurant part. It would be nice to have an Indian restaurant. Yum!) I believe that the simpler people's lives are, the greater their potential for happiness. Our family is certainly happy here.

Now I've got to sew Miss Madelyn's Easter dress. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? I'll add a picture to this post when I've finished it. I know it's going to be gorgeous!

And three hours later...it's done! I think it turned out so pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment